Friday, July 16, 2010

updates and cards

Well I'm finally back here after a fantastic trip - and a few dramas. Kuala Lumpar gave us all our adventures, while Italy just felt like we had returned home. I bought a stamp in Rome that screamed that I had to buy it but other than that lots of fun. We also managed to get to Paris for a week - and fully intend returning.

We were supposed to be having lunch with an Italian family (didn't happen in the end) but I took some cards with me - just in case I needed a small gift for my hostess. The interesting part was keeping verse off the front as the intended hostess was Italian. In the end I gave them to my sister 

I made this one using stickers and aqualip pens. I originally had the entire background CB herringbone but that was too overpowering.

 This started as a plain white sheet of paper - chalked it, ran it through my best friend cbug, then Stayzon Forrest Green with metallic rub-on ink. I'll be trying this one again that's for sure.

This was a quick one - I just used a patterned paper then overlaid it with embellishments. Sometimes I think you don't need to be fancy to be effective. I had made ten but don't want to bore you. Please feel free to comment


Julie

1 comment:

  1. Just spotted this card...it is very pretty and gives me some ideas!
    Cheers
    De (in Vic)

    ReplyDelete