Sunday, February 19, 2012

Backgrounds

I have been playing with stamped/collage backgrounds - not really my thing but I have a couple of swaps coming up. One site I looked at said just get your old bits and glue them on whichever way you feel like. Did that but wasn't overly impressed with my results. 



Showed the scan to a stamping friend and she went oh wow - use your image manipulation program and showed me a couple she had played with (NICE is all I say). So I used my image program  - in my case GIMP - it's free BTW. and here are my varied plays on the above scan.

Lightened - with shadows removed












Blurred


Smudged - fun! I got in touch with the 'inner child'













Pixelated - had a great time with this one - LOTS of different ways to play













And of course Sepia with edges feathered
Next to see what this looks like if I print one of them on canvas paper - question is which one should I print?

Try this - it definitely is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment