Saturday, April 28, 2012

Farewell cards

I've been meaning to post these but, as always, life gets busy. I do volunteer work at a military museum and we've had two lovely Canadian interns working with us for four months. Sadly their time came to an end and I was asked to make two different farewell cards that all the volunteers and staff could sign. Bit of a panic as I only had a day and a bit - and no inspiring thoughts for quite a while but here they are.

I coloured a scrap of mylar (sort of like OHT) with alcohol inks and overlaid it on a masked collage - problem was the white edges stood out a bit so I found some chalk and coloured the edges - if nothing else to beat them into submission (I think it worked). The butterfly and farewell are both cuttlebug dies while the oval is a spellbinders.

I hadn't worked with this intern quite as much so had to have a bit of a guess as to what she might like. The flower is a spellbinders rose and the background paper was a RAK from a friend. 
Thanks for looking  

No comments:

Post a Comment