Wednesday, May 15, 2013

new idea for strip scraps

I was looking at a link that a card making friend had sent - when I had a K'Ching moment. We all have scraps - and some of us have LOTS of scraps. The link I was looking at was to do with adhering serviettes http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-to-make-napkin-card-and-be-hit-of.html but the example shown had me diving to my craft table. Many of the ideas for strip scraps need long scraps but my idea meant I could use up those very pretty - but SHORT papers in my collection.

As a teaser here is the first card I made.







So what did I do? Very embarrassing but this is my strips stash. First I divided some of them into colour groups - and came up with the colours for the first card. 



 

I took my widest DS tape 1" (2.5cm), adhered it to cardstock and trimmed that to size. After that I had fun laying them down. Don't worry if the strips go crooked. Just re-lay the next one straight and keep going. Any sticky gaps can be covered by glitter. This is what I ended up with before I trimmed the excess strips off. OK so I kept a couple of the longer scraps.  



Basically you then trim the covered strip and adhere to your card base. And you start reducing your scraps stash. After this I was on such a roll I made two more cards. The With Gratitude card was a 2.5" scrap that I put through the Xyron but I think both widths have their place on cards.  And yes I've made my first Christmas card

 




Thanks for looking

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment